Search Dog

Yesterday was a very long day for us. We had heard about a cat-detecting search dog and decided to engage their services. The dog wouldn’t be able to find India specifically, but could smell if a cat was hiding under a deck or in other places we couldn’t see.

A big thank you goes out to all of our neighbors who allowed the dog to check your properties. We looked all over the neighborhood for her, but we were not able to find India.

However, all is not lost. The dog is also able to smell where an attack has taken place, and he didn’t find any sign that India had been the victim of a coyote. Additionally, they didn’t find any coyote droppings.

I think my next step is going to be to set a humane trap and see if it attracts her. I have no clue where she is, but I think she is still out there. There are plenty of stories about cats who have gone missing, but there are also many stories about cats who have come back after a month or two. One neighbor had a cat missing for a year who finally found her way home. This particular neighbor says India is not dead. I don’t know how she knows that, but she has a reputation for knowing things and is usually right. At any rate, it gives me comfort and hope, which is something we could all use.

I didn’t get a chance to check the Humane Society on Friday, but I would like to go today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still no Luck

Helpful Information

A bit of Hope